Designed in 1936, from the "Eskimoerindens skinnbuxa" sketch series.
Wood mould-blown blue tinted glass.
The vase was shown in the Finnish Pavilion at the Paris World Exposition in 1937. The pavilion itself was also designed by Alvar Aalto.
Magazine, 'Domus', no. 125, May 1938, p. 36.
Hawkins Opie, Jennifer, 'Scandinavia: Ceramics & Glass in the Twentieth Century', Victoria & Albert Museum (London) 1989, p. 23.
Ottillinger, Eva, 'Alvar Aalto, Möbel: Die Sammlung Kossdorff', Museen des Mobiliendepots, (Vienna) 2002, p. 74.
Kellein, Thomas, 'Alvar & Aino Aalto. design collection bischofberger', Kunsthalle Bielefeld (Zurich) 2005, p. 213-14.