The Holscher Chair acquired its name because of the steel tube construction made by the blacksmith Svend Holscher, the father of professor Knud Holscher. Svend Holscher was a blacksmith in the small town of Rødby, his son Knud was a good friend of Poul Kjærholm. The chairs were only manufactured for the Kjærholm family and friends. The winding of the flag halyard was done by Hanne and Poul Kjærholm, Knud Holscher and in this case, Holø Bergljot. Provenance; Holø Bergljot.
Exhibited: Danish Arts and Crafts Spring Exhibition. Charlottenborg, Copenhagen, 1952.
Literature: Christoffer Harlang, Keld Helmer-Petersen, Krestine Kjærholm. (Ed): "Poul Kjærholm", Arkitektens forlag, 1999, p. 173. Provenance: Architect Holø Bergljot, friend of Poul and Hanne Kjærholm.