Literature: Drawings from Nyborg Public Library Arkitekten 1940 (p. 49-56) Nyborg Folkebibliotek, Bygge-Forum 1945, p. 207-208.
Pair available: Ref no 190937
Hans J. Wegner designed his first windsor chair for Nyborg Public Libery in 1938. The backrest of the chair was intended to be made from a single piece of bended wood, but unfortunatly this was not possible for the cabinetmaker Th. Pedersen & Sons from Aarhus. The ”reading room” chair is made in mahogany and is to be seen as a first step towards Wegner’s more famous windsor chairs, such as the peacock chair from 1947. The chair is designed and made only for Nyborg public library and is also Wegner’s first example of his ”international design signature” by making visible joints and highlighting the materials used instead of covering them up.
Produced by Th. Pedersen.