Sculpture

Anders Bruno Liljefors
1950s
Ref. 190534

Sand cast and glazed stoneware.

Signed 'A.B.L.' with the studio mark / 'G-BERG'

Using his own invented sand cast technique, Bruno Anders Liljefors was one of the first ceramics designers to elevate the medium to that of fine art in the 1950s, pushing the material to its most abstract. He worked for Gustavsberg from 1947-1957 and his designs are retained in the Victoria and Albert Museum, London and the National Museum, Stockholm.
Produced by Gustavsberg.

H.40cm/15,7'' DIA.19,5cm/7,7''

More from Anders Bruno Liljefors